- BHSE owns and developed a site at 9 Derby Road, East Cliff, Bournemouth, BH1 3PX, which was completed in 2011. The scheme, called Craigleith, is managed by Bournemouth Council and comprises 31 extra care flats. Click here for map Click here for Craigleith Extra Care Scheme Information.
- This was made possible with the help of a grant of £2.15 million from the governmentís Homes and Community Agency (HCA), BHSE's own resources, a bank loan and a successful planning application made to Bournemouth Council that was granted number 7-2009-8241-U dated 3.8.09.
- The signage on site gives further information and points passers-by to the BHSE website and telephone number.
- A panel has been set up to consider applications for housing. However, BHSE has the right to make the final determination about who is allocated a tenancy and maintains its own waiting and transfer lists for the, hopefully, rare occasions when there are insufficient applicants agreed by the panel to fill vacancies in a timely manner.
- There is a dedicated care and housing-related support team contracted to provide extra care services, managed by Bournemouth Council, based at an office on site. They are available from 7am to 11pm, 7 days a week, and there is an overnight emergency sleep-in cover facility by the contractor, although that facility is not currently used. BHSE continues to provide housing management and maintenance for the building via its own dedicated office on site for when staff visit.
- Rents are charged weekly in advance. Rents for all flats are set at around £90.00 per week, as at June 2013, (plus service charge and support charge) for the one-bedroom two-person flats and £98.00 per week (plus service and support charge) for the two-bedroom three-person flats. Any subsequent re-lets have the rents charged at the prevailing government regulated rents and the additional service and support charge in force at that time.
- Anyone who is interested in being re-housed at this scheme should make sure that they have registered on Bournemouth Councilís HomeChoice scheme www.dorsethomechoice.org